2nd International Traditional Food and Sustainable Nutrition Symposium
Organized by Toros University, the 2nd International Traditional Foods and Sustainable Nutrition Symposium is an important international science, technology and business forum focusing on traditional foods, sustainable food, nutrition and gastronomy systems.
We live in an age where the world is struggling with problems that require urgent solutions such as climate change, food shortages, poverty, epidemics, depletion of natural resources and similar problems. Due to the limited nature of our resources, it is clear that there is an urgent need to protect their ecosystems so that they are sufficient for future generations, to transform them into a sustainable society that is socially responsible, focused on environmental protection and dynamic balance in human and natural systems.
The 2nd International Traditional Food and Sustainable Nutrition Symposium will be held online on October 5-6, 2023 with the participation of distinguished researchers and academics. The main topic of the symposium is to seek ways to combat global challenges towards sustainability, and we expect relevant researchers to participate in the symposium, the links of which are given below, in order to reach research findings, innovative ideas and suggestions in the field of food, nutrition and gastronomy.
Looking forward to meet you in our Symposium,
Symposium Organizing Committee.
Sustainable Food Systems From Agriculture to Industry
Slow Food Movement and Traditional Food Cultures
Product Development and Sensory Analysis in The Food and Beverage Industry
Nutrition-Sensitive Agriculture and Food Systems
Gastronomy Tourism and Cities of Gastronomy
Gastronomy Trends and İnnovations in Gastronomy
Catering and Collective Feeding System
Food and Culture Relationship
Principles of Healthy Eating, Food Security and Safety
Obesity, Malnutrition and Eating disorders
Relationship between Food, Nutrition and Metabolism
Organic Foods and Health Awareness
Healthy , Popular Diets and New Nutrition Trends
Microbiota and Nutrition
Community Awareness in Sustainable Nutrition
Innovative Food Processing Technologies
Food Rheology, Texture and Shelf Life
Food and Sustainability
Food Safety and Food Waste Management
1. Ali Özveren - Toros University Founder Chairman of The Board of Trustees- Toros University
2. Sertaç ÖZVEREN - Toros University Chairman of The Board of Trustees- Toros University
3. Prof. Ömer ARIÖZ- Toros University Rector - Toros University
1 Prof. Dr. Alfonso David Rodríguez Lázaro - Universidad de Burgos Biotecnología y Ciencia de los Alimentos- Spain
2 Prof.Dr. Barış ÖZTÜRK
3 Prof. Dr. Gülden PEKCAN- Hasan Kalyoncu University, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics -Turkey
4 Prof. Dr. Hasim Kelebek -Adana Alparslan Turkes Science and Technology University, Department of Food Engineeringy -Turkey
5 Prof.Dr. Kemal Birdir -Mersin University, Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Department- Turkey
6 Prof.Dr. Murat BAŞ-Acibadem Mehmet Ali Aydinlar University, Nutrition And Dietetics-Turkey
7 Prof.Dr. Saniye BİLİCİ- Gazi University, Nutrition And Dietetics-Turkey
8 Prof.Dr. Nuray GÜZELER- Cukurova University, Food Engineering Department -Turkey
9 Prof. Dr. Songül Çakmakçı- Atatürk University Food Engineering Department- Turkey
10 Prof. Dr. Tülay ÖZCAN -Uludag University, Food Engineering Department- Turkey
11 Doç. Dr. Ana Lúcia Baltazar- Politecnico de Coimbra Scientific, Pedagogical Unit of Dietetics and Nutrition- Portugal
12 Doç. Dr. Gürkan Akdağ -Mersin University, Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Department- Turkey
13 Doç. Dr. Meryem GÖKSEL SARAÇ- Sivas Cumhuriyet University, Food Technology- Turkey
14 Doç. Dr. Natalija Atanasova-Pancevska-"Sts Cyril and Methodius" University, Department of Microbiology and Microbial Biotechnology- Macedonia
15 Doç. Dr. Saurabh Kumar Dixit -North-Eastern Hill University,Department of Tourism & Hotel Management- India
16 Doç. Dr. Özge KÜÇÜKERDÖNMEZ- Ege University, Department of Nutrition and Dietetics -Turkey
17 Doç. Dr. Salih AKSAY -Mersin University, Food Engineering - Turkey
18 Doç. Dr. Sung Hee Park - Macau University, Science and Technology Faculty of Hospitality and Tourism Management- China
19 Dr. Ahmet Akköse -Atatürk University, Food Engineering Department- Turkey
20 Dr. Aichurok Mazhitova- Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University, Food Engineering Department- Kyrgyzstan
21 Dr. Aydaykan KASIMAKUNOVA -Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University, Food Engineering Department- Kyrgyzstan
22 Dr. Ayten EKİCİ - Pamukkale University, Department of Food Technology, Turkey
23 Dr. Esat ÖZATA - Beykent University, Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Department- Turkey
24 Dr. Esma ESER- Çanakkale 18 Mart University - Department of Food Engineering - Turkey
25 Dr. Houda Al Balushi -Sultan Qaboos University Department of Tourism- Oman
26 Dr. Mostafa SOLTANI- Tahran Azad University, Department of Food Sciences and Technology - Iran
27 Dr. Murat KALENDER- Agri Ibrahim Cecen University, Laboratory and Veterinary Health Program -Turkey
28 Dr. Mustafa Kadir ESEN- Mersin University, Department of Food Technology, Turkey
29 Dr. Nurzhan Abishov- International Tourism and Hospitality University- Kazakhistan
30 Dr. Özge SÜFER- Osmaniye Korkut Ata University, Food Engineering -Turkey
31 Dr. Özlem TOK- Harvard University- Department of Public Health and Molecular Metabolism -USA
32 Dr. Pınar GÜMÜŞ- Kilis 7 Aralık University, Nutrition and Dietetics Department- Turkey
33 Dr. Samson Oyeyinka- University of Lincoln Food Chemistry and Nutrition- United Kingdom
34 Dr. Sevgin DIBLAN -Tarsus University, Food Technology- Turkey
35 Dr. Welat MİRAN- İstanbul Esenyurt University, Gastronomy and Culinary Arts Department- Turkey
36 Dr. Y. Venkata Rao- Pondicherry University, Department of Tourisms Studies- India
37 Dr. Yaşar Karaduman -Eskişehir Osmangazi University Food Engineering Department- Turkey
38 Dr. Yonca Sevim - Bahçeşehir University- Nutrition And Dietetics-Turkey
1. Asst. Prof. Dr. Meltem MERMER Toros Universty Chair
2 Asst. Prof. Dr. Özlem ÖZPAK AKKUŞ Toros University Co-Chair
3 Prof. Dr. Bahar TANER Toros University Member
4 Prof. Dr. Yüksel ÖZDEMİR Toros University Member
5 Assoc. Prof. Dr Betül GÜLŞEN ATALAY Toros University Member
6 Asst. Prof. Dr. Eda PARLAK Toros University Member
7 Asst. Prof. Dr. Çağla ÖZBEK Toros University Member
8 Asst. Prof. Dr. Didem DEMİR Toros University Member
9 Lect. Başak ÖNCEL Toros University Member
10 Lect. Kamuran ÖZTOP Toros University Member
1. Lect. Betül YAPICI NANE Toros University Member
2. Lect. Adnan AYDIN Toros University Member
3. Lect. Uğurcan METİN Toros University Member
4. Res. Assist. Nasibe ULUK Toros University Member
5. Res. Assist. Gonca YILDIRIM Toros University Member
6. Res. Assist. Ayşe Gökçe ALP Toros University Member
Abstract /Full Paper Submission Deadline Aug 21, 2023
Enrollment and Abstract/ Full Paper Final Version Submission Deadline Sep 21, 2023
Program Announcement Sep 30 – Oct 01,2023
Symposium Date Oct 05-06, 2023
Symposium Proceeding Book Publish Dec 04, 2023
Symposium program will be announced on Sep 30 – Oct 01,2023
1. Symposium will be held remotely / online and there will be no physical participation. For online participation, the passwords of the sessions will be sent to each participant's registration e-mail from the membership information in the system. Passwords will be sent to participants one by one, and only those who are registered in the system will be allowed to log in to the system. Unregistered participants are not allowed to participate in the symposium.
2. Symposium will be held nationally & internationally and meets the academic incentive criteria and associate professorship application criteria.
3. Registration fees for the symposium are shown in the table above. Fees include symposium participation, symposium participation certificate, proceedings book, abstract and full-text book.
4. The type, order, backdating, relocation, and all other management-related responsibilities of the presentations belong to the chairpersons of the session. For this reason, symposium committees and other interested parties can not interfere with the sessions and chairpersons. All kinds of regarding requests must be forwarded to the relevant session chairpersons.
5. Each registration includes a maximum of two presentations. Participants who send more than two papers must pay half of the congress registration fee for each paper.
6. Presentations may be in English or Turkish. Presentation preferences should be selected while uploading to the symposium website. Participants should submit papers in the language in which they prefer to make the presentation. Please do not send abstracts and full-texts other than the language you offer and your preferred language.
7. In the symposium, all kinds of transactions will be made through the system, and requests made via e-mail will not be accepted. All kinds of information about the symposium are available on the symposium website.
8. Abstract submission deadline is August 21, 2023, and full-text submission deadline is September 21, 2023. In case this date is postponed or brought forward, the participants will be informed by e-mail by the relevant symposium officials. Full-text submission is not mandatory at the symposium.
9. Each abstract will be sent to a reviewer for evaluation in a double-blind process. For the accepted papers, authors are required to pay the registration fees after they are informed that the paper has been accepted. Registration fees must be paid by credit card via the registration tab or by money transfer/EFT to the bank account stated below. Authors are required to upload their payment receipts to the system for payments made to the bank account. After the payment process is completed, the registration process for abstracts will be completed.
10. If the full-text is requested to be published in the symposium book, it must be uploaded to the system from the full-text paper upload section, which is activated after the payment is made to the account with the information below and the receipt is uploaded to the system or after the payment is made by credit card. After the uploading process is completed, the registration applications will be received and will be sent for double-blind peer review. After the referee's acceptance, the full-text paper will be published in the symposium book.
11. If full-text is not found appropriate, only the abstract will be published in the proceedings book.
12. If the full-text paper is requested to be published in the Journal of Food Nutrition and Gastronomy (JFNG), authors can submit full-text papers to JFNG free of charge and they have to upload the article number to symposium web-site. After the article number is entered into the system, the full-text paper registration will be completed.
13. Participants who want to register in the symposium without any paper submissions, after paying the participation fee by credit card or by money transfer/EFT to the bank account below, and uploading their receipts to the system, their registration will be completed.
14. Acceptance letters are not sent in symposiums held with online/remote access where there is no physical participation. Acceptance e-mails sent to registered authors can be used as acceptance letters. In addition, if requested, a letter of acceptance will be sent.
15. In the payment section, name & surname of the author who will present the paper and the name of the symposium should be written in the explanation part. The symposium cannot be held responsible for the disruptions that occur.
16. Symposium proceedings book will be published as PDF on the symposium website on December 4, 2023.
17. Participation certificates will be sent in PDF format to the e-mail address used during registration. Participation certificates will be prepared for each paper and will be sent only to the registered author.
Öğr. Gör.Betül YAPICI NANE - Dahili No : 1207
Öğr. Gör. Adnan AYDIN - Dahili No : 1172
Öğr. Gör. Nasibe ULUK - Dahili No : 1171
Öğr. Gör.Uğurcan METİN - Dahili No : 1184
Araş. Gör.Gonca YILDIRIM
Araş. Gör. Ayşe Gökçe ALP
Bahçelievler Mahallesi, 16. Cadde, No:77, 33140
+90 324 325 33 00
+90 324 325 33 01